• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 Mountain Cat turning problems, HELP!!!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
How stiff do you have the front spring on your rear skid?

And how low is it. If you have the front spring/shock in the lower hole and have it stiff with limiter straps out you don't have much ski pressure. You can suck up the limiter straps a bit and soften the spring tension to gain the ski pressure.

Thunder

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Powder Pros are definately more aggresive at turning, and in my opinion are a much better ski everywhere, but the rear suspension also needs to be set right as was already mentioned.

P
Mar 2, 2008
vail, co
This might be a dumb question but how easily do your bars turn? have you greased the front end recently, If there is water or rust built up it can be very difficult to turn. IMO I think the powder pro's are the way to go.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
How much deep snow flotation will u sacrifice by putting your limiters all the way up? Won't u be giving up to much deep snow performance and hill climbing traction by doing this??

I was experimenting with my limiter straps on the king cat. when I tightened them I started trenching badly, so they are as loose as they can be.

but with other 1m's that I have ridden, they could bennefit from tightening a bit. You have to experiment until you get it set up just right.

IMHO: The Simmons work great. I don't have problems washing out.

Premium Features