• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

getting a head.....have a question

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
speedwerx copied rkt...they are vitually the same head

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Peak Performance also makes an excellant head for the 900 cats. And he will make any dome cc size you want. RKT no longer makes the 900 head.

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
just e-mailed rkt they do make the 900 head again, they stopped for a while but the demand was high so they make a new improved head , even better, i'm gettin one.

T
Sep 22, 2008
head

How much is a head worth, and how much differance in performance and do you have to run a fuel controler.Running a y pipe and can right now

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
gettin a head for a 900 efi

I cant remember what comp ratio kelsey made for my 900. He built it for 6000 feet and up for 91 octane. I gave him my piston to cyl height and he built me what I needed. I ran a sw y pipe, sw single, slp front dumper, boyseen reeds, gutted air box scooped out the tach hole W/NO BOX.....It ran good, I then put the bd box on to lean it out more,to help with the right side bog...I now have a 975,so RKT built me a set of inserts for the head with the m 1000 piston profile. THIS WORKED AWESOME............... when I ride lower elevation I throw a gal.or two of race gas in just to be sure....

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
when i e-mailed them , they (rkt) said they has a head that would work at my elavation, 2000 to 5000 ft , 91 octane $425.00 plus shipping, from what i have read on here they are so efficent that you need to jet down 2 jet sizes , but if i go with a speedwerx pipe , instead of jetting up 2 which i can't cause i am efi ,i should be right on the money. anyone?
only thing that has me wonderin as we ride from 0 to 2000ft (trail) to get where we go sledding , would this be ok.?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
when i e-mailed them , they (rkt) said they has a head that would work at my elavation, 2000 to 5000 ft , 91 octane $425.00 plus shipping, from what i have read on here they are so efficent that you need to jet down 2 jet sizes , but if i go with a speedwerx pipe , instead of jetting up 2 which i can't cause i am efi ,i should be right on the money. anyone?
only thing that has me wonderin as we ride from 0 to 2000ft (trail) to get where we go sledding , would this be ok.?

You have pretty much the same combo I have. except mine is carbed and I've run it jetted down 2 sizes even with the pipe. Mid range is the only place my egts start to climb a little high, then I just work the throttle a little. Mine is an 04 and I do think they had the "safest" ecu. I have the speedworks pipe and cpi front dump can, gutted airbox with 6 square inches of extra intake.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Are there advantages to buying a head rather then having your stocker modified?

Having a mono head acts like a torque plate on the top of the motor, helping to keep the cylinders in line with each other. Also mono heads tend to have higher cooling capacity letting you run slightly higher compression or hotter timing without detonation. Plus, you then have the stockers to go back to for whatever reason.

Premium Features