• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Valves

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Just wondering if theres a DIY out there or a step by step on cleaning and ajusting power valves...Leaving from a turbo 4 stroke Ive never realy done this before... Ive cleaned the gas powered Ski-doo ones but the Cat ones seem more complexe...

Thanks, Wayne

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I was just wondering if there was a step by step on power valve adjustment. I have pulled mine off and cleaned them with a razor blade which seemed easy enough but I have no idea how to go about adjusting them.

Jul 22, 2009
Just wondering if theres a DIY out there or a step by step on cleaning and ajusting power valves...Leaving from a turbo 4 stroke Ive never realy done this before... Ive cleaned the gas powered Ski-doo ones but the Cat ones seem more complexe...

Thanks, Wayne

YamMan - thanks for asking this question. I just bought a King Cat for the first time also and have the same exact questions. Any input out there?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
I pull them and clean them with wire wheel and a drill. check the cable ends at the valve and the servo for damage.The clip on the servo end has an updated clip as it was damaging some of the cables. some of the early builds (03)have a shorter cable and measurement for the adjustment. The measurement is from the end of the housing to the little ball on the end of JUST FREE CABLE NO BALL. I went to the skidoo valves long ago and can't remember the number in mm so correct me if i'm wrong but think it was 34.5mm.

Z

zr600cce

Sep 20, 2008
Omaha, Ne
It isn't all that hard at all to do. I'm not that mechanically inclined and have done it myself. I started it doing one at a time. Loosen the four bolts and pull the whole valve at. Take a picture so that you know the order of the parts and how everything fits. Once I've done that I usually take the valve and and let it set in carb cleaner for a bit, then use a wire brush, box cutter knife, and wire wheel and clean them. Then look at the picture, reassemble, and start the other side.

R
Jan 31, 2008
SouthEastern Idaho
I see that 76fomoco mentioned he swapped out his

exhaust valves to ski doo ones I've been thinking of doing the same. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with them, and which kits are cheapest, best, easiest. Thanks in advance for the info....

M
Sep 18, 2009
Puyallup, WA
actually, this is probably what you're looking for...

122465-original.jpg

Premium Features