• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delet Power Valves on King Cat?

Sep 7, 2009
Lynden, WA
I am thinking about buying the power vavle delete kit for my king cat? Just wondering if there really is a plus to doing so? Wondering if anyone has done it and how they like it? Is it worth the money?

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i got the STM valves and they are tuneable, lighter and i seem to have a little it seems a little snappier on the bottom end

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
I did, and the only regret I have is not having done it sooner. No more broken cables, frozen solenoids, CPU issues to deal with. I'm selling that sled now, and wish I could transfer them over to one of my M sleds.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I would say STM, Do to the fact that your retain more bottom/midrange torque to get you into the topend when need be! You will retain much more midrange torque and snappiness, Which translates into no bog! If you have 1150 and above CC's then it makes no difference, Plenty of grunt everywhere!

Mike

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I think you guys are talking about two different things, are you asking about the delete kit or the pressure activated valve kit?

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Some of each. Most of the guys were saying they like their pressure activated (STM) valves. One said you get a bog and not as good midrange with the delete unless you have an 1160 big bore. I have not tried the delete kit but have had an engine that both valves stuck open and it turned it into a dog. So I agree with the majority, don't do the delete.

Premium Features