• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 King Cat 1m EFI

R
Aug 22, 2009
So I just bought a 2005 1m King Cat with 162 attack twenty track and suspention. The sled looks to be in great shape with 2300 miles. I'm new to snowmobiling so was wondering if there is any is problems i should be aware of, or tips for things I might come across before or while i go to the mountains. Any information or tips would be appreciated.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
there is a TON OF INFO just got to the 1M section and plan to camp out for about an hour and just read.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Pull the oil tank and check the wire harness where it runs under the oil tank. they were notorious for rubbing through and frying all kinds of expensive electrical parts.
Stay on top of the power valves. If you keep them clean and adjusted you will have no trouble with them. Clean mostly, the adjusting thing only needs to be done every 1500 miles or so. I guess that depends on how clean you keep them. If they are dirty the cables will stretch faster.

D
Dec 10, 2008
for a cheap air intake fix you are able to drill 6, 2 inch holes in the side of the air box. do not do it on the clutch side. pull out the baffle and you are good to go.

another thing to do is get a can on it to loose some weight.

I have had mine for 4 years and I absolutly love it. oh yeah if you have not ridden one before. hold on they are torque

ditch banger

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Depending on how tall you are you will probably want a taller seat on it. I took mine to the local upholstery shop and they just modded the stock seat, cost me $80. Looks pretty good, feels much better on the knees. Sorry no pics, the sled is 70 miles away in storage.

A handlebar riser might also be a good idea. I run a 3" ole's. Also, keep an eye on your suspension rails for cracking if you're doing a lot of jumping.

EDIT: A high strength pull rope is a great mod. The big block cat motors are notoriously hard pulling.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2009
Racingskip - I bought the same exact sled this summer also. I had been riding my friends (same exact sled) for a couple years and was able to pick this one up for an absolute steal. Hardly had any miles on it either.

Anyhow, I've spent most of the summer modding it and putting a bunch of aftermarket goodies on it. Here's a list of what I've done -

Fox Floats
Speedwerx Y Pipe and Sungle Pipe
Can
2" bar riser
Boss Highrise seat
Golfinger Lefty Throttle
Fastlane no-sno's
Arctic FX graphics kit
BDX 2 wheel kit
Simmons Skis
V Force Reeds
Took off the rear rack and tail light

I really can't offer much advice yet or performance reviews as I haven't snow-tested any of these products yet. I just went off of what I thought could be improved from previous experience riding the same stock sled and advice from other SnoWesters. I can tell you that the 2" bar riser is about all I could fit. I've heard of people doing 3" risers but I think it would have been very tight in my setup (and I did reroute the cables).

The few bits of advice I can offer are - put on a bar riser and taller seat and put on a 2 wheel kit. These few things will help with the manueverability of the sled. Everything else I've done is for comfort or performance. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I can also give more details on everything I've done and the cheapest places to find each part over the internet.

Premium Features