• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EFI question...

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Im going to be runnin a new tank and seat on my 1m 900 and im wondering if I mount the 900 fuel pump horizontaly in the new tank well it mess anything up since at the moment its mounted verticaly or if i can run the pump outside the tank????

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I think those pumps have some kind of smart valve on them. If they get turned sidways or upside down they stop pumping. I could be wrong.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
The times that mine has been track side up it has always stayed running....'05 King Cat.

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Yep. We both run 900s as well. One of us has seen way more of the inside of these engines than the other. :D

Well hopefully I wont see the inside of my engine very much I bought the sled after my friend owning an 03 and ran it like he stole it for 10000miles and only blew 2 chains...

But Back to my question you guys think I could run the pump outside the tank without any issues???

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
I would try to mount it just as the factory did.
all my 900's have been carbed and the only efi i have is my wife m7 so not much help here.
one thing i think cat keeps it in the tank for priming reasons.

as for being inside one i might have seen it once.;)

Last edited:

triedit

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
sheridan wy
fuel pump

i believe it could be mounted horizontally but i believe it needs to bein the tank the gas sloshing around in there helps cool it i know that electric fuel pumps in vehicles cool that way for sure

Premium Features