• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How light can you make a King?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I just got rid of the can, rack, guages, foam, lights, but added twin pipes.
I came in at 498 with wet without gas.
Actually that probably went over 5 when I traded the Attack-20 for an Extreme. Maybe 10 lbs. more.

Owen

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
I'm sitting at 490.5 with a20 162 mesh hood, twins, no oil inject, boss seat no valves, and cables (stm style) and looking to add the fox float rear ski out of a 09. Don't know how much it will drop be has to less then the 03 skid all this with no gas

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Mine's not a King but when it was first built I weighed it on a grocery store food scale. Drove on, drove off with maybe a gallon of fuel in it from the day's ride. Was 420lbs roughly. Not sure the margin of error on those scales but since then I've powdercoated everything and changed almost every titanium bolt I had in both suspensions to stock or equivelent. Also changed some suspension braces and rods etc. Added a few lbs with a new handlebar set-up, hinge for the hood, etc etc. I'm guessing I prolly put another 10-15lbs on the machine to make it rideable. Went a little too light originally. Now I don't have to worry about breaking parts from the trail ride out. Although if I held my tongue just right there'd be times when the sled came back no worse for wear. Just not often enough for me.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Your moms house
Light Weight

My 01 Mountain cat is 484lbs full of fuel, Holz front and rear, Titanium front springs, custom seat, coolers built by me, no foam or extra brackets anywhere. Even drilled holes in my ski saddles! It took a while to get it there, but it sure is worth it.

Premium Features