• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 1M 600EFI big bore??

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Hey, kinda early this season, but I'm looking at new pistons/rings anyway, and was wondering if ANYONE has experience with the Weisco 83mm big bore kits in a 600EFI... I know, buy a bigger sled, but I like the chassis, and it's paid for, so I can't beat the price.

I'm just wondering how much work I'm going to have to do to get the closed loop EFI to work with 680 instead of 599 cc's... I ride the mountains at least once a year, which is the reason I own this sled, so some extra powah is what I need.

Sled is currently 100% stock, and it's no longer getting me to the top as well as I'd like. :)

Hope for big snow this winter!!!
Chris

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I never built a 680 on the newer B engine but did several of them on the A model. They ran good and had a good deal more bottom end but I never got more than 1000 miles out of the pistons before the locating pin on the rings fell out and the rings turned and caught in the exhaust ports. I have had that problem with Wiseco pistons in enough different engines that I refuse to use them anymore. In my opinion you should keep it stock. Just my admittedly biased $.02 worth.

triedit

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
sheridan wy

your best bet is to call D&D powersports in new york city they have been tuning ac efi since they came out with it.I have a 2000 600 fuelie that has a d&d setup and it works great but the powervalve 600 i dont know that they did much with it

Premium Features