• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who made the stock track for the 2004 king cat 900?

B
Jul 28, 2008
Curious as to what it is, as the durability seems really bad.

Debating whether I'll replace it with a CE or PC....also wondering what I'd need to do to put a 16" wide track on her. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Should be a challenger, camoplast. I don't recall other people having an issue with that track?

A 16 goes in the KK pretty easy, but I would take a serious look at the PC instead, great track.

SO have you switched over to sledding full time or are you still using it for access riding??

B
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks man. Tracks are SPENDY!
Track on my sled is really torn up, but it's also 5 years old.

As far as full timing it? I love skiing and really enjoy braaaping.

Last year,I probably had 30-40 days last year of straight braaping and no skiing....but also had probably 80 days of just skiing.

I'll never give up skiing, I love it way too much.....but braaaping is a solid part of my diet now too.

Would really like to get up to Buff pass with you this Winter. -Brett

ps-you really thing the PC is that much better?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
yes.

I've had quite a few challengers of different eras, a couple attack 20's, and now we have 3 powerclaws. No comparison.

Heck with buff & RE, come ride Jones with us some time, that's where the fun terrain is!! (plus, the new turbo is sick for access riding, it'll get 2 to the top of near anything!!)

Kaleb

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Didn't the '04 come with the A-20? Seems to me they did. The outfit that made those started with an S but can't remember the name. It was not Camo though.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Nope

I believe sway was the brand name for the attack 20 track.

It was an outfit that builds tracks for twin track vehicles. Sauky or something like that. I'll have to look back through the library of old SW mags when I get home, it's bugging me now. :confused:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I thought the a20 didn't come on the KK till 05??

Either way, you don't want to know the brand, cause you don't want another one!!

Does it have big wide tracks alternating from one side to the other, or is it more mixed like this?
images

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Sausey (SP) made the A20, came on the KK and M7
Ding, ding. We have a winner. I am not sure on the spelling either, but you are close if not right. Every King Kat came with a A20. M7 depends on the year and how it was ordered.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Kimpex/Sousi was the mfgr. Does anyone know what the durometer rating of the track was as compared to the 80 Duro PC? And is the PC for '10 only available in the 90 duro?

Thanks
Mike

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
the 90 duro is for the HCR. Not sure what lengths you can get it. I am running one on my 04 900 162. It is unbelievable!!!! The best money I have ever spent on a sled

Premium Features