• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 into 975

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alright, time to do some motor work. I've decided to go with the M1000 pistons in the 900. I've heard some really good things about it. So far what I've read you need 2 basegaskets and a shim. What size of shim is being used and where would i get a hold of one such shim. Also it seems turbotater is the guy to talk to about porting, problem is I can't find him on here....is he still around?

Are people using the stock pistons from cat? Or can I use wisecos?

:cool:

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
975 shims

Yes I do have some shims in stock. $32 for two shipped to the lower 48. I use .050" aluminum and two aftermarket base gaskets from Starting Line Products. They are a little thicker than the stock ones .019 vs .015 which brings the top of the piston to the bottom of the transfer ports at bottom dead center. I hear Cometic gaskets can also make any thickness shims but haven't checked to make sure. I have mine made at a local shop that has a laser cutter. They use what ever stock I bring them but availability of aluminum thicknesses is limited where I buy. I have had some made from .063" also which could be used to raise the transfer and exhaust ports a little.

Premium Features