• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx pipe and y pipe question

Jul 22, 2009
Hey guys,

I am looking into adding a Speedwerx Fatdaddy single pipe and y-pipe onto my sled (AC 2005 1M 900 EFI). I know that Speedwerx advertises that you do not need a fuel management system with the Fat Daddy single pipe. Do any of you know if this is also valid for a pipe AND y-pipe setup? Eventually I would like to add a fuel controller as well, but wanted to know if I can do the pipe and y pipe to start and then add the controlller later on down the line when I can afford it. I generally ride at apprx 7,000 to 9,000 ft in Southern Utah.

Current engine mods are:
Can (don't know what brand, bought sled with it on it, no markings)
V Force Reeds

Your help is greatly appreciated!

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
Dont waste your money, we ran a speedwerx single and y on my 900 and it was no better than my brothers with the stock pipe. They were both carbed so i dont know about the fuel controller. If you want more power go with slp twins. i also have a set if your interested, you could also pm me i have a good clutching set up for the single pipe as well.

Premium Features