• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dial-a-jet yes or no?

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
I know we are going old school but do they work? I have a 03.5 900 A/C and I'm puting cpi twins on, I will run egts and the large bowl nut, on the bottom of the carb for more fuel around the main jet. So Dial-a-jet or not?
thanks

S
Dec 6, 2007
my friend had them on his kk with twins and it was a nightmare to go riding in the hills,always tinkering,unless that is what your into.i would stick with a single,pull and go

1100Cat

Nov 29, 2007
Yes they will work and amazingly so with no more messy cold fuel to change when elevation changes.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have used Dial a jets for years. In fact, I still have them on my Wolverine 450 ATV and my BMW F-650 motorcycle and they work great.

On my sleds I prefer the Variflow as well. I had one on my MSRX and it was awesome. With your EGTs you can keep your exhaust temps right where you want them as the elevation or temperatures change.

Even better is the Holtzman ATACC. It automatically does what the Variflow does manually. I have one on my RX-1M and it works great.

Good Luck

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
So do the holzman ATACC, or the variflow replace the Dial a jet and do the work the same, can you adjust jet size by turning a screw?

all work under the same principles, the atacc you just jet for the lowest and coldest and make sure its dialed at this temp and location and as you go up or it warms up it reduces the fuel for you. The vairflow is the same but you have to turn just one knob to do the two carbs at once. i like the veriflow better, more durable and you can tweek on the hill. i have mine mounted under the hood and can "rejet" in about 3 seconds. I too run a cat 900 with twins and is real easy to set up on the tm40's

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I loved my variflow too. I had an adjuster and could make 5 (if I remember correctly)adjustments. Each adjustment was 50 degrees on the EGT gauge. You can also change the orifice the airflows through and change how much each adjustment changes your EGT gauge.

The ATACC may work even better than the Variflow but, I have mine on a fourstroke and with no EGT gauges it's tough to tell if the ATACC is working at all.

Premium Features