• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat Track Ratcheting

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
I know many people recomend to run your track as loose as possible without it ratcheting but how tight should I go to eliminate this ratcheting? It was really loose and I was having a lot of ratcheting in deep snow, I then tightned it up and the ratcheting was almost gone until I was leaned way over on either side the track ratcheted again. I tightned it up to try and eliminate this but I don't want to overtighten my track just to stop the track from slipping. Can a two wheel kit help this? Any other tricks I should try other than just adjusting the rear idler wheels?

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Probably need to buy some extrovert sprockets, seems to be the best way to solve your problem. Not sure if you could get the track tight enough get rid of all the track ratchet. All that may happen is it is reduced and then the track binds on compression and robs power. Would be a good idea to install a set of anti stab wheels to the fronts of your slide rails also.

Premium Features