• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pulling clutch on 04 king cat

S
Mar 29, 2008
Sunlight Basin, WY
Okay guy's, going to pull my clutch to rebuild. new pins, bushings, bearings, etc. Let me hear all of your tips and tricks for pulling that clutch off. I've had some guy's say "oh it'll just pop right off" and some guy's say "how many pullers you going to corkscrew?" Let's hear it

D
Jan 6, 2009
Huron/Brookings, SD
I had a tough time pulling the clutch off my 98 zr600 a while back, bent three pullers and spent hours trying to figure something out..What i ended up doing was taking one of the bent pullers cutting it off after the threads, wrapping it with a bunch of teflon thread tape. I then turned the sled on it's side and filled the hole in the clutch with some gear oil then inserted the puller and started turning it. it's simple hydraulics. worked for me hopefully it works for you, good luck.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Can't be more than a hundred or so post on this. Teflon tape the threads, tip the sled up on its side some, pour in water, screw in the puller bolt.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The fill the clutch with oil/water works great, You dont have to cut your puller off either. I am sure he did it cause his was bent. If it gives you trouble wrap the threads with teflon tape, tip the sled on its side, fill with liquid, insert puller.

S
Mar 5, 2005
Boise, Id
I had a tough time pulling the clutch off my 98 zr600 a while back, bent three pullers and spent hours trying to figure something out..What i ended up doing was taking one of the bent pullers cutting it off after the threads, wrapping it with a bunch of teflon thread tape. I then turned the sled on it's side and filled the hole in the clutch with some gear oil then inserted the puller and started turning it. it's simple hydraulics. worked for me hopefully it works for you, good luck.

Do what this man said, except use water (less mess). Bet it pops off before the puller hits the crank. When it pops off blow the water out of the threads in the crank and put some oil on the bolt threads during installation.:beer;

Premium Features