• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 motor mounts on the m1??

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I get that they burn belts quicker than other sleds, but there are tons of people on here getting good mileage out of theirs, not exactly an epidemic...

buy a carlisle belt, probably cheaper than the motor mount & it's guaranteed.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
without the 4th mount the engine torques harder to clutch side thus heating clutches and killin belts more often..:beer;

X2 This was my discovery today when I was snoopin around under the hood. I figure my belt issues are from the motor torqueing out of alignment. Thinkin about setting it up out of alignment so that when it's under torque its in alignment. Am I crazy or what do you guys think?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
ummm - the 1000 has 5 motor mounts from the factory. one on the MAG side, one on the bottom, and THREE on PTO plate. Probably the best held down motor out there. NOW, i do believe that the mounts themselves may be a bit soft which could be part of the belt issue. Still not convince though, as not everyone has the belt issue.

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I put a motor mount at the front on the pto side below near the oil pump.There are mount holes in the case and I just use the same type of lower mount from the mag side.It mounts to the round cross member in the bulkhead.It did take some minor modifying to make it work,put none the less it fits.

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
X2 This was my discovery today when I was snoopin around under the hood. I figure my belt issues are from the motor torqueing out of alignment. Thinkin about setting it up out of alignment so that when it's under torque its in alignment. Am I crazy or what do you guys think?

We used to do this all the time with our mod triples... I used to have a ZRT 600 with a big bore 700 top end that would eat motor mounts until a very experience cat tuner told me about shimming the clutch side rear motor mount so that it slightly out of alignment, so that it would torque into alignment under load. Never blew a belt or busted a motor mount after that. I miss that sled:beer;

B
Jan 5, 2008
THE GAR
if your lookin at the blow up from cat ,u may think theres 5 mounts but the 2 on the plate do f all..thers only 3 mounts.. the 4th is up to u to put in..any turbo guys i talk to have this extra mount in there ride to take up the excses torque....cooler clutch ,happy belt:beer;

P
Dec 7, 2007
Kelowna
Engine Mounts

On our 1m's with big bores we have been running 4 mounts across the front and then the stock 2 at the back.... Don't know if the mulhead and mounts on the M1000 can have mounts added.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I found a fix that works without installing extra mount. Replace the front mount on 3 hole plate and rear mount above recoil with the solid sno-pro mounts (have to press in yourself), have done a few M1000s like this including a turbo and it works great. The 09 M1000 has this mount in front hole in clutch plate already.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho

In the repair manual I think it says you are supposed to set it up with .060" of missalignment for this reason. so it will pull back into alignment.

But correcting this adjustment is a lot harder on the new M series than it was on the old 1M's. I am sure you can just slot the holes and such, but with the motor mount plate that they use on the PTO side it would be much harder to do. But with some work could be done.

Thunder

Premium Features