• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hifax replacement - '04 1M Mountain Cat

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
got it out... squeaked it through the track, although it took a bit of effort.... now I can't get it threaded in through the same opening in the track - can't get it lined up with the rail.... :eek: any suggestions?????????????????????

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
loosen the rear wheels and slid them forward, this will help. the edges on the rails are real sharp so take a file and round the a bit this will keep them from cutting into the new hyfax and add a little grease to the inside of the plastic this will help it slide on. I use about a 6" piece of the old hyfax to finish pounding them into place so you don't damage the new ones and bev the bottom just a little so the clips don't make a clicking noise on the first few rides.

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
yea what was said about trimming edges was neccessary for me,slight wear on end,had to file the end of rails a bit so rail wouldnt bite the new slider then it went right on like butter on bread,and like was said lots of slack

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
AWESOME - I was thinking loosening the rear wheels would help, but I'll add trimming the edges to it.... thx tons!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Turn your track so you are not fighting the paddle, every other hole has no paddle sticking in your way. Keep it feeding in level and use a dead blow hammer or piece of 2x4 to drive it on.

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Turn your track so you are not fighting the paddle, every other hole has no paddle sticking in your way.

yep - did that... needed a second pair of hands to "guide" it out (force...) of the opening - after that they came out easily.... but then I couldn't get the new one lined up right to get it startetd back in... the file should do the trick!

Premium Features