• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sam McLam MWR #163

B
Nov 6, 2001
IDAHO
That young man had an incredible talent for such a young age, I have watched him grow up on the race track each weekend and obtain his goals. It has been a real privilage to have known him and to know his family. He has my respect and deepest sympathy to the family. Rest in peace Sam we will never forget you.

Tal Singleton
Mountain West Racing
Track Coordinator

A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
Curt/Shelly Mclam live a block away from me, when I heard this news I almost got sick with that feeling like why Sam? Although I haven't ridden with them in years since they started racing I know this family would give you the shirt off their back if they thought you needed it more than they did. Truly a sad day. If you feel like sending a card/memorial their address is 952 N. Cleveland Street, Moscow Idaho 83843. Curt, if you read this we are all thinking about your family right now, and hope that time will heal your hearts. :heart:

We are all pretty sure it snowed in heaven today, Sam RIP.

Kent Nichols
Family and Friends
Moscow Idaho

P
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Geneva WI
Truly a Sad Day! I have boughten The McLams sleds for the last two yrs now and have never had better luck! RIP Sam! We All Will Miss You Bro!!!

Airman First Class Casey Hunter
United States Air Force

Last edited:

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Sam

Sam's service was today and there was a huge turn out of people. The snowmobile racing family was well represented with people from all over the Pacific NW coming to celebrate his life. Outside the church was Sam's race sleds and motorcycle and inside the church there was a really nice tribute to him. The Moscow football team came, wearing their football shirts. After Sam's brother Pat gave his tribute to his brother, I don't believe there was a dry eye in the house (including this writer).

I would like to share a memory I have of Sam.

Sam is a championship snocross racer but he was beatable and I did beat him on his practice track one day. I was testing a new Doo 600 liquid and was on the McClam snocross practice track when one thing led to another and before I knew it we were going ski to ski... I would double and he would double, I would go low in a corner and he would go high and try to pass me. He was on my rear bumper like glue. After 3-4 laps I was getting tired so after one more attempt by Sam to pass me in a really rough section, I blocked his pass and declared myself the winner.

I came in off track, my chest all pumped up and I tore my helmet off so I could suck in some more air as I was really winded. I smiled to my wife and said, "I kicked his butt!" To which she said, "Great job tiger you beat an eight year old on a fan cooled snowmobile"

Take care McClam family and rest in peace Sam

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
I just returned from the memorial service for Sam. It was truely amazing, just like Sam. What a great kid that will be missed forever. He touched so many lives as was evident by the number of people that showed up to pay their respects. I agree with Mike whole heartedly, Pat's speach was the highlight for me. It's times like today that it is so hard not to be sad and broken hearted when we really need to celebrate his life. Rest in peace Sam.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
It was if the whole town seemed to have turned out. I was told all students were excused from classes and some high school games were reschelduled. The church was huge and full of friends and family. It was awesome. As a dad also, my thoughts and prayers are with Curt, Shelley and Pat wishing there was a way I could help ease their pain. They say time heals all, this one is going to take awhile for myself and I know my family and many others. Make sure to stop and tell your loved ones how you feel occasionally because things can change in a heartbeat. Thanks for your frienship Sam and Gods speed. Tom and family.

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Geneva WI
here is a piece of art work my friend made

sammclamrip.jpg

Premium Features