• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can only get 7000rpm out of my 08 iq rr

polaris_cole

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
I have 10-54 gram weights in my 600iq RR and I can still only get 7000rpm's out of it. The only other thing done to this sled is I have geared it down two teeth on the top gear, and i have a 121x1 3/4 inch track.It is a year one year old with only maybe 300km's on it when i first bought it I was only getting 5000 rpm. Can anyone help me out?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
Set up?

First you need to post what your jetting is at (Main jets, pilots, what clip the needle is, pilot air jet) then what you clutching is (primary spring, secondary spring and helix) and what exhaust you are using. Is it doing it once it is warm or all the time? What compression do you have on both Cylinders? What grade gas are you running? Is it reving and then cutting out or just doggy all the time?

polaris_cole

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
running 400 mains 10-54 gram weights almond spring e clip on last position with washer on top 91 octane gas no idea what secondary is set up like what ever they put in it from factory. sled is totaly stock other that geard down and bigger paddles on 121 track. Sled runs absoulutley perfect just stops pulling once it hits 7000rpm. doesnt bog sputter or cut out.

T
Nov 26, 2007
if riding when its real cold outside you maybe still too lean, i had one i had to run 440 mains in it when i was using 50/50 mix of 110 octane and 92 octane to get to run out to 8250 rpm

polaris_cole

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
Im thinkin i have some clutch alighnment issues, rode the mountians yesterday with 1.5 feet of fairly fresh snow and it seems like its goin through belts, I blew one completley off and my new one is showing pretty good wear already....Just gonna say screw it the dealer can take it back and deal with it.

polaris_cole

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
Ya fer sure gonna try the good old epi gold primary that i keep hearin about.Than Ill check for that washer binding up in my secondary that i heard the team secondarys are getting famous for

Premium Features