• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Arctic Cat Race Sled

A
Jan 22, 2009
SD
Does anybody know if you have to order one through a Arctic Cat dealer or does somebody on here have a brand new one. My other question is about what is the price on the race sled?

M

MTSnowKing

Dec 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
my mom has an old snocross sled that we made into a mountain sled. it was a f7 but we bored it out and put 800 cylanders in it. and also threw a 153'' track under it. it rips
and jumps good!

P

pointer

Dec 22, 2008
southeast SD
how much engine room is in the 09's what else is there room for as far as motors go?????? side hanger motor or bottom mount???????

C
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho City, ID
correct me if im wrong but i think the 2008 sno pro 600 is based off the f7/m7 case. if thats the case i think a big bore for an f7/m7 would work. the 09 has a completely different bottom end i believe.

ive wondered why we havent seen a long track sno pro yet and theres so many iqr's

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
Last year when the Sno Pros were limited to 300 units and very hard to get, there was one sold for $14,000.00 in AK. That's a little rediculous for an 08.

There is an 08 on Anchorage Craigslist for $8200.00

The 09's are a way better sled. Cat did an excellent job. The race results prove it. Take a look at the I-500 results. Not only a great sno-x machine, but they are stompin butt in x-country.

Getting one through the race dept. can be difficult. Best bet is to wait till after the season and pick up a clean used one. we haven't had a single race or practice up here in AK yet this season. Snow all melted when it hit 45 for a week with solid rain.

S
Jul 14, 2008
dose any one know how to get ahold of cat for one of these

As stated above you have to get accepted thru the race dept. Unless you are racing it the chances of qualifying for one are slim and none. I know in 08 they actually handed checks back to racers cause there wasnt enough sleds. I'll have a used 08 availabe around april time frame in great condition for around $7500. It was one of the top factory support teams sleds last winter for race only no practice.

Premium Features