• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Testing Stator on a King Cat??

O>K> here goes. Stator----Lighting coil unplug connecter on engine yellow to yellow wires is 0.10 ohms of resistance = or - 20 %.....D>C> power is R/Y to Y/R 0.65 ohms = or - 20%...Voltage reg.. check any yellow abd briwn wires can be fiund up by guages run sled at 2000 rpms or more should be 11-14 v,DC....Reg/rectifier 11.6 to 17.4 volts d.c. Red/brown wire. Must run engine again good luck

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Yeah it sucks, Even after mine tested ok I stil sent it in and had it rewound. That fixed it. Mine tested right on the edge of ok, so i figured after it heats up it would put it out of spec. sure enough, that did it. Does your tach still work?

P
Dec 7, 2007
Kelowna
No the Tack on the racepack bailed on Sunday.... So did power to the racepack and headlights... Still had power to the ECU and coil though.... Rode it out but when I ran it last night and used a test light on the wires out of the case, Brown Purple and two yellows, the brown grouinds to the case right away, the fist yellow hardly lit up the test light and the other yellow didn't, and the purple wire when grounded kills the ignition.

Frustrated!!!

Premium Features