• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 1m 900 clutch rebuild

mightymoko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Denver Colorado
Wondering what kind of mileage people are putting on there clutch
before replacing the weight bushings? Have 2500 miles what should
I be doing?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
replace the bushing and and check the roller bushings about every 1000, and replace the spring every season. And check the spider for cracks.

C
Nov 14, 2008
springs

I've always struggled with what color of springs to put in. the springs in my sled are stock and the weights are 69 gram and the secondary sring is in the second hole (one tighter than center). my rpm's are 7200-7400 approx when i'm in the hills but i dont like how it back shifts. im 6' tall but pretty heavy at 290lbs with a pack of junk. this is on a 04 900 mtn cat 159. i only have the attac, Y pipe, mbrp can, slp intake, and skidoo style exhaust valves. What color springs should a guy try? the ramps in the scondary are stock as well. thanks

I've always struggled with what color of springs to put in. the springs in my sled are stock and the weights are 69 gram and the secondary sring is in the second hole (one tighter than center). my rpm's are 7200-7400 approx when i'm in the hills but i dont like how it back shifts. im 6' tall but pretty heavy at 290lbs with a pack of junk. this is on a 04 900 mtn cat 159. i only have the attac, Y pipe, mbrp can, slp intake, and skidoo style exhaust valves. What color springs should a guy try? the ramps in the scondary are stock as well. thanks

if you want to work on your backshift go to the secondary clutch. the primary is only gonna control your rpms, and shift pattern

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Your 900 with a 159 track would have came with a 55* helix, replace that with a 51 or 49* helix, r/w spring in the middle and you will see a real improvement in back shifting and holding R',s

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
If your sled has 2500 miles any you have the same weights in without replacing the fiber bushing I am betting that weights are eating into the side of the roller. I replace them often, you can tell they are bad when one side is compressed compared to the rest of the circle.

mightymoko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Denver Colorado
Thanks guys, Ordered the bushings so we will see how bad they are when they get here.
You're right diggerdown i have changed the helix.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features