• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat riser, typical newbie question

S
Dec 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
Typical newbie here, how tall of a riser can you install on a 2004 King Cat before you need to extend the cables and brake line? I searched but did not find a definitive answer. 3"? 4"? I plan on going with one from Ole's. Thanks, Scott

M
Dec 7, 2007
Alberta
I fit a 4'' riser on mine. The wires and throttle cable fit. But you have to extend the brake line alittle. A simple peice of metal brake line coming off the cylinder will do the trick.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Unbolt the bars and lift them up until everything gets tight. Have someone measure the gap. Gap measurement = riser size. You might be able to re-route some wires and cables to make more room. A riser with a 15 degree or so taper at the bottom will move the bars up and forward giving you a little more room.

Edit: We put a 3" on one last weekend and it took a little creativity but worked without extensions. The throttle cable was the biggest problem.

Last edited:
Premium Features