• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kk water pump??

V
Nov 28, 2007
i have a 05 kk 900 and the past couple of months i put a vanamburg tunnel and his u coolers. put the motor in and filled the water put about a 1gal in started it and no circulaton look at thermostat it was open lean it in every direction added a little more water but still no circulation. so pulled motor back out to look a water pump and impeller is good and the shaft will turn when you turn the crank. but dont know how those pumps work what the spring for behind the impeller? heard that you need a seal kit and a special tool and you should be up and running agian?

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Hi Violator,
Are you sure that your waterpump isn't circulating and that you don't have an air bubble in the very back passage of your tunnel strip coolers? I'm just verifying that you've lifted the front of your sled higher than the rear bumper to verify that the system is bled properly.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I had the same thing happen to me. Thought I had all the air out, pulled the cover on the pump...all good, put it back together...same deal. Got crazy stuck the next ride out (after overheating on the trail) and had to flip the sled every which way to get out and must have freed up the air because it works good now. Start it up and turn it on it's side (both ways) then get the front end as high as you can and run it for a bit. If that doesnt work go out and get crazy stuck on the steepest hill you can find, worked for me! Good luck.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
lean it on the left side and pull the drain hose out from under the hood and hold it strait up and open it

Premium Features