• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 900 cat

S
Nov 26, 2007
When i purchased my sled the previous owner had dissconected the kill switch and had something else unpluged, i plugged them all back in and i cant remember which ones they were. I dont remember if it went to a sensor or what it was. I am having a bogging issue when i am cuting hard to thr right or if it is leaning to the right when your stuck or the sort. I was wondering if that might have something to do with it and if any one else has experienced this, or might know what the wires would have went too.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Nope

It has a shield built to prevent that. And when i say cutting to the right i mean layed right on its side cutting a donut so there isn't much chance in it plugging there in the amount of snow i was in.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Well maybe you are onto something? But I do know that the Cat,s of this year do do that! Your best bet is to plug the inside air intake with some tape to not let the exhaust foul up the breathing. Open up the intake on the top side of the airbox to breath through the tach hole and you are set, Like the Polaris set-up.

Mike

S
Nov 26, 2007
03 900

so i am thinking it is the exhaust as you have said. i removed the shield and it actually made it better.( could have been the different snow conditions ) but i would like to see some picture's of fixes people have come up with to eliminate this problem.

I would like to run the exhaust out the shock tower but would like to see how some people did it before i start cutting into things. i am running an slp single pipe and can on it now an was thinking about modifying that can to dump out the front side into a pipe running up to the top of the shock tower. is there any reason (such as power loss) that this would not work, as long as the pipe is large enough not to change the back pressure, and not too large to have not enough back presure. or is there a can out there that already does this that will keep the same power or gain power, and where would i find one.

Premium Features