• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leatt neck brace - what coat to use?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Is anyone using a Leatt neck brace? I just got mine for Christmas and it is not going to work with my jacket since you can't zip it up all the way. Any ideas?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i wear my leatt over the coat, i have a castle jacket and a fox jacket i wear. will work with a turtle neck but not a sweatshirt,too think. not sure how it will work with a chest protector though....

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Excellent info!

Excellent info on that link you posted, Mule. And pics too:face-icon-small-ton! I'm still talking myself into that Leatt brace...spendy but worth it I'm sure. :D Thanks!

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Thanks for the link! I'd not found that one. I did find one that had the Acerbis Desertika coat which is Leatt compatible but I didn't think the coat would be ideal for snowmachine use.

Tonight I again worked on fitting my Leatt with my new Tekrider Pro Max Lite vest over my Klim coat. It will work as the collar on the Klim is circular enough to fit through the brace. But, the brace rides a bit higher and limited my head movement too much. I adjusted the brace to its loosest fit and that helped. Still, I'm going to have a tough time layering under my jacket because of the vest. If you wear the jacket with the brace alone it fits quite well but that isn't an option for me. The ideal set-up is a jacket made to fit around the Leatt so your shell is the first thing exposed to the elements. I've now discovered that some snowmachine clothing companies are working on just that.

Premium Features