• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 ski-doo summit problems

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
most don't run very well and clutch problems, I know 3 that run well, one is mine. Buy an 06' instead or an 09' xp. Or hope you get lucky.

F
Dec 10, 2007
I have a 07

I have the adrenaline version and my buddy has the xrs. The adrenaline has been a work horse with no problems at all. It has run great with NO issues. Clutching issues seem to be with xrs package. My buddy has taken his in multiple times, but he's still not getting good performace. Another factor is the track that is on the xrs, it's too stiff. It trenches easily and doesn't seem to climb like the track found on the adrenaline version. Another snipbit is that you can actually read the gas guage on the Adrenaline verses the X-RS.

Overall, I love the sled. I've riden the new 08s and honestly hesitate on making the move to the new sled till some of the quirks are worked out. :D

I forgot to add that they extended the warranty on the adrenalines even though it was the xrs packages that had issues. Can't argue with that freebie.

Last edited:
L
Jan 22, 2008
Gallatin Gateway Mt
2 years ago i bought a rev most guys told never buy an 800 rev without a warranty you will hate yourself i rode it 2 years and did ok however most i rode with didn't:mad:fun sled enjoyed it just got lucky from what i have seen.
Rode with the many X-ps last year seams Doo's just making them more unreliable:eek::light: many of us have made a switch hopefully Doo will figure out reliability is the most important thing in a sport that the season can be so short.....:rolleyes: So it's a gamble you have to be willing to take. brand loyality is for fools :eek:

S
Jul 13, 2008
there used to be a thread on hear about blown rev motors and i counted and there were about 4 06,s, about 8 04-05,s and I lost count of all the 07,s a few people had replaced the motor more than once. I know that Al at the sled shed (Revelstoke) had a written a thread as well on here about the 07 motor and how many he had replaced. I had an 06 that ran great for 2 yrs and the fella that bought it off of me loves it, My best friend bought an 07 and it was a nightmare ( all cluthcing isues ) it took the dealer over a full season to get the right cluthching in place and now its unreal, but I know most skidoo guys I know wont touch an 07. Do your home work and good luck!

L
I wouldn't say the motors blow up left and right there scufty, I know a lot of them had some clutching issues, mine being one of them, but when you get them dialed in there isn't a stronger running sled out there. Some also had some crank bearing issues, but I have talked to the dealers around my area and those were few and far between. I would hesitate on an xp before the 07 800R. I have had my 07 for two years now and aside from some clutching, I love the thing. It is just like any other brand out there, you never know if you got a lemon and it will throw the engine or a crank, but its just the chance we take because we love the sport.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Run one for 2 seasons, loved it. Started detonating once, changed jets to 480 with can ,added alittle VP in the tank each time, never looked back. Remember the rave hoses cam loose once. No clutch issues. I got a couple of buddies with 2500-3000 km. on them.BRP gave me 2 years warranty on motor and cluches. My dealer said that the few crank problem he had were right away because of tolerences from factory. I Rebuild sled motors through my buissness and the only rev I did the crank was a 06. And I think that was because of poor storage through the summer (moisture got in the crank).

S
Nov 28, 2007
well I guess we all have our opinions, but around here (Calgary to Revelstoke) ALOT of 07's blew motors. I had one myself and loved the thing, dont get me wrong but after seeing how many blew motors (alot). A friend of mine runs a rental business and basically ALL of his blew motors eventually. Im not saying a guy cant get a "good" one but I aint taking a chance that I get a "lousy" one and have to replace a motor. For one, there is a Good chance that you will lose the motor in your 07 and it will not be warrantied. There were so many that were going through motors that BRB ran out of replacements last year.
All Im saying is that the 07's had alot of problems. Losing motors was one of them (crank runout was out of spec on MANY) Clutching sucked (most issues have been corrected) and the warranty is over on most now. I was willing to take my chances when they were warrantied but will not now.
Like I said ..I loved mine! but hated the thought that at any moment(including 50KM into the backcountry) my sled will blow up! Just my opinion. Cheers

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I have an 07....it's a very nice sled to ride, and I had lots of fun on it last year. I will be keeping it through this year. Problems I have had:

- 07 motor blew at 500 miles....replaced with 08 motor under warranty and all is good so far (at 1200 miles now)
- Clutch bushings wear out quickly, clutch is finiky to fine tune and doesn't like to run day in/day out consistant RPM like the Polaris I came off of....
- Had a throttle position sensor go back (under warranty, but it cost me 2 or 3 rides)
- Challenger Lite track (if equipped) falls apart quickly....at 1200 miles it looks like my Polaris track did with 4,000+ miles
- Chaincase exploded (warranty)....I would say that was a freak occurance tho

Overall I would say good sled but somewhat tempermental. The upside is, they are a great buy on the used market. If you get a good deal, it's a LOT of sled for the money and will run with any of the 08-09 stuff no prob. I rode with new Cats all last year and it was the same thing....a primary clutch with cracked spider, blew a diamond drive, low/high RPM. They (sleds) all kinda suck, but at least the revs are fast LOL

Premium Features