• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

p85 button clutch small bearing

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The local machine shop used to charge me $50 to press the old one out, put a piece of oil-lite in there and machine it to fit the shaft.

SLP used to sell the bushings and you could then have a machinist press them out and in and make sure it was right. I haven't seen it in their catalog in a while though.

The other option is to pick a new(er) clutch up off of ebay, the button clutches are on there fairly often and pretty reasonable.

sled_guy

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
I have been looking for a "part" to replace for a while and figured I was going to have to get creative. I just happen to know a machinist with a cnc machine.:)
Now if a guy like... lets say... Mountainhorse could come up with one of his funky spec sheets and makes it easy on me, that would be dandy!!!!:D

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Nope, those are for p90's and he has an 85.
Not the P90 but the ones above are all for the P85. You can get the dealer to do the bushings for you. They charge quite a bit but if you are afraid of wrecking it that is the way to do it. Or you can do it yourself.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The ones above are the big helix bushing. You can buy those from any dealer. What mod03rmk800 is looking for is a replacement for the brass center pushing.

sled_guy

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Polaris didn't make that small bearing on the driven replaceable... they just want you to replace the whole clutch.

sled_guy

Premium Features