• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need a Electric Start Kit for 2001 800 RMK?

B
Feb 19, 2008
British Columbia
I have a 2001 800 RMK that I would like to get set up with Electric Start for my young feller that has taken over this sled.

I have checked with Pure Polaris Parts and they do not make a "Starter Kit" for the 01 800 anymore. I guess they used to.

Hoping someone knows of a way to make a available Starter Kit work or has one from a wrecked 01 800 RMK.

Thanks.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
starter

I am guessing but I would think that a later model big block kit would work. Differance being possibly the wiring harness to the key switch and battery bracket. In the edge kit, those would be different but the clutch and starter motor would be the same I believe. Good place to start and the you may need to make some mods. At least you would have the basic including a starter selenoid. You may even be able to buy the bracket second had from a Gen II touring sled or something.

S

Spector

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Starter Kit

I just found one for a buddy off eBay. Brand new in the box. They pop up once in awhile. Just save a search on ebay and it will notify you when it finds one. Kit consists of starter motor, new clutch with ring gear, mounting brackets for motor, battery and box, solenoid, rectifier, battery cables and misc hardware

Premium Features